Ave Maria Palliative Care, Mangalore, India
- Facility became operational during Sep 2008
served 25 terminally ill patients and given comfort to their
families (as of Nov 2009)
- Staff recruitment - Essential salaried staff (5) have been recruited for running the facility which includes 2 nurses.
- Memorandum of understanding in the works with two major hospitals for physicians, medications and patient screening
- Memorandum of understanding with Karunashraya, Bangalore (one of the major hospices in India) for training nurses in palliative care.
- A Governing council and an advisory board with committed individuals who are serving completely on a voluntary basis.